The Roar Meter is a weekly story in numbers.
Emily’s List was founded in 1985 with the mission of getting pro-choice women into political office.
- Highest number of interested women ever, prior to 2016 election: 920 over the two year period from 2015-2016
- Number of interested women since the 2016 election: 16,000
- Average calls per day: 20-50
- Number of women Emily’s List is currently in contact with regarding down ballot races in 80 House Districts: 130
- Number of women Emily’s List is officially backing: 42+
- Emily’s List staff working on state and local races: 14 people
- Emily’s List track record: over 900 successes to date
Annika Barranti Klein is a writer, knitter, women’s banked track roller derby referee, and radical homeschooling mother. Her work has appeared at The Toast, The Establishment, and on Book Riot. She is a cis, white, bi-furious intersectional feminist.