The Roar Meter is a weekly story in numbers.
- Abortion restrictions since Roe v. Wade (1973): 1,142
- Abortion restrictions since 2010: 338
- Percentage of total restrictions since Roe v. Wade: 30
- Number of abortion-restrictive measures enacted by states in 2016: 50 in 18 states
- Number of proactive measures taken to expand contraceptive access: 28 in 16 states
- Increase in demand for IUDs from Planned Parenthood after November 8: 900%
- Global maternity mortality rate decline from 1990-2015: 44%
- United States maternity mortality rate increase from 1990-2015: 17%
Annika Barranti Klein is a writer, knitter, women’s banked track roller derby referee, and radical homeschooling mother. Her work has appeared at The Toast, The Establishment, and on Book Riot. She is a cis, white, bi-furious intersectional feminist.